& digital twin
Inspect with confidence
Improve your 3D measurement experience with a winning combination: Silma, for advanced simulation and digital twin of your 3D measurement process, and Metrolog for on-machine execution and analysis.
Next generation 3D Metrology.
First, when metrologists program offline inspection tasks on complete simulated twins of their actual environment and equipment, the CMM or the robot are free to continue measuring and monitoring.
Second, when inspection programs have been simulated and virtually tested, they are error- and collision-free once applied to the manufacturing process.
Faster programming & results interpretation
Third, an offline simulation program like Silma X4 or Silma X4 i-Robot can work directly with native or neutral CAD files and automatically interpret GD&T.
Training & Education accelerator
Our simulation software, Silma, can also be used for training purposes, as an e-learning tool.
Workcell and virtual
DCC CMM; Laser Trackers; Probe library; Accessory library
Silma integrates an extensive CMM library including the real machine cinematic as well as detailed probe heads, probes and styluses and accessories. Parts to be measured and their associated fixtures can be directly loaded as CAD files and easily set in the 3D virtual machine environment.
DMIS or Native; Post processors; Part program import
Silma has been developed not only to create and simulate part programs but also to entirely validate and troubleshoot them using advanced probing and measurement routines and constructions. Based on a programmer oriented and intuitive interface, part program proofing is fast and easy.
Part program validation
Colision detection; Probing path optimisation; Advanced functions
Silma includes a true 3D inspection and analysis engine capable to validate your program consistency. In addition, its collision detection and automatic collision removal tools give you the ability to visualize, optimize and update in real your entire program probing path.
Part program execution
Graphical reporting; Report editor; Customisation
Silma is capable to create part programs directly in Native DMIS or in X4 proprietary format as well as to export them in many other native formats, including: Quindos™, Umess, … The programs can then be run directly on the CMM for final online validation and immediate utilization.
From design to measurements
Silma programmer interface was developed to easily and efficiently create simple to extremely complex part programs using high level language commands.
Based on its fully customizable virtual world environment and the CAD files of the parts to be measured, the initial set-up and completion of a part program can be done without having any real CMM downtime: the program can be sent to the machine virtually error and collision free!
Flexible and universal
Silma includes a virtual library of more than 500 machines (DCC and Manual CMMs, Laser trackers, changers, rotary tables…) and all the other needed accessories needed to replicate your real world environment (Renishaw™ and other OEM probe library accessories, universal fixtures…).
& main capabilities
Silma is based on years of programming experience and follows the latest standards to guaranty consistence and coherence in your part program creations.
Direct Native or Neutral CAD file import (Iges, Set, Vda, Catia, Unigraphics, ProEng, STEP, IDEAS…) GD&T Import and automatic interpreter engine for easy programming Assembly and positioning of objects based on advanced constraint algorithms Detection and removal of collision fully customizable. Automatic clearance box based on feature or part to facilitate path optimization.
Interested in Silma?
Contact a Silma expert and request your free demo.
As a Dassault Systemes partner, Metrologic offers a variant of Silma embedded into Catia V5.
The first offline inspection solution fully compatible with worldwide recognized CAD software.
Value added app’s to maximize your productivity.
Upscale your quality inspection now with Metrolog
Get a real performance accelerator for your 3D measuring devices and more.
Not only does Metrolog X4 architecture benefit from current computer and OS technologies significantly increasing the performances and metrology software throughput, but it also simplifies your day-to-day measurement workflow.
One-stop universal solution to streamline your 3D inspection
whatever the measuring device
all devices supported
- Compatible with all portable devices
- More than 100 devices interfaces available
- Arms, laser trackers & P.O.D. systems
- All brands supported
- On the fly switching between measuring devices
large data set
No more delays and bottlenecks with large volumes of data. The coming years will see exploding amounts of data and processing, whether CAD files or measured point clouds from optical sensors.
Metrolog X4 64-bit architecture uses all available memory and optimization, always pushing the envelope. Unparalleled performance and unparalleled ease of use.
The software architecture provides two key benefits:
- Import and process heavy CAD files.
- Import and analyze high volume point clouds without decimation.
An enhanced interface for a smooth end-user experience.
- Fully customizable user-friendly graphical interface to suit operator’s needs, machine types and measurement types.
- New manual probing wizard.
- Automatic view orientation during acquisition.
- Multiple information windows (position and results).
- Software readily available in 19 languages switchable on the fly.
best in class GD&T and reporting
- Metrolog X4 has a new geometric and dimensional tolerances processing engine for handling the most complex cases in record time.
- Geometric tolerance definition facilitated.
- “Expert” system ensuring the correct evaluation methodology and results.
- Total support for the tolerance evaluation in compliance with the given standard.
- Support for ANSI and ISO standards.
- Certified and recognized solution by the PTB and NIST
in the point clouds analysis
- Metrolog is designed to process and analyze the largest and most dense point clouds.
- Metrolog integrates the latest technology required for efficient optical measurement functions, ensuring that you have the best tool whatever the device you are using.
- Cloud comparison with CAD (Color Mapping).
- Element extraction and automated GD&T.
- Intuitive treatment of flush and gap.
- Measurement with compensation for material thickness.
- Part quality estimation according to the surface mm² (area calculation).
Consistent large scale inspection with Metrolog
- Compatible with all large measuring devices, laser trackers & mobile optical systems.
- Supports all existing brands and models.
- The multi-connection mode can control several
devices to simultaneously measure with reference to all of the measurement results (bundle).
- Takes into account the uncertainties of the
instruments and the scale factor (temperature variations).
- Tracking and management of raw data.
Efficient part programming
- Easily create complete part programs.
- Online or offline teach-in available.
- Full process of planned files integration.
- Operator oriented instructions for robust
shop floor execution.
Best in class report editor
- Powerful report editor allows complete and easy
- Simple and user-friendly interface.
- Create your own report templates adapted to your
- Customize any type of output: assistant, status
editor, direct export from the library, etc.
- Export available in many file formats such as .XLS,
Ability to increase the file size (CAD files, point cloud…), new 64 bits architecture…
POINT CLOUD ACCURACY
Native 3D Inspection software bringing more precision to non-contact measuring systems
Compatible with all portable devices, arms, laser trackers & P.O.D. systems…
Fully customizable graphical user interface, new manual probing assistant.
All GD&T Tolerances supported: ANSI & ISO, Smart data shaping quality inspection and manufacturing…