OrcaFlex is the world’s leading package for the dynamic analysis of offshore marine systems, renowned for its breadth of technical capability and user friendliness. OrcaFlex also has the unique capability in its class to be used as a library, allowing a host of automation possibilities and ready integration into 3rd party software.
OrcaFlex is in use by over 260 clients, mainly in the offshore engineering business, with others in seismic, defence, ocean engineering, oceanographic research, aquaculture, compliant marine renewables and related fields.
OrcaFlex 10.0 What’s New
OrcaFlex has a very wide range of applications, including:
OrcaBend is a package developed specifically for deriving an optimum stiffener profile which protects the cable from infringing its allowable bend radius under a range of design loads. Optimised bend stiffeners are both lighter and shorter, offering major savings in installation equipment and handling costs. The program is in use by the leading manufacturers of bend stiffeners as well as system designers.
|OrcaBend displaying deflected shape of a bend stiffener for a 10kN, 40° load case|
OrcaBend is used generically for the design of bend stiffeners coming in to a termination. This includes any application where a comparatively flexible line is brought in to terminate at a much more rigid termination. Examples include:
- Termination of offshore flexible risers and umbilicals.
- Termination of streamer arrays.
- Under buoy connection points.
- Facilities for temperature and saturation effects.
- Materials Library facilities – linear and non-linear materials.
- Material properties can be changed at any point along the length of the bend stiffener.
- Fatigue-based design can be handled by attributing different allowable bend radii to each load case.
- Solves for multiple tension / angle load combinations in a single pass.
- Automated parametric study on the range of stiffener lengths and stiffnesses.
- Simple cone, analytic and user defined profiles.
- Run out to finite wall thickness at the tip.
- Generates Design Chart from which the optimum length and stiffness can be ascertained.
- Automatic performance plotting.
- Interactive Graphical User Interface.
- Graphical and spreadsheet format output.
- Export spreadsheets in Excel format.
- Graph results of user selected variables for abscissa and ordinate axes.
- Copy paste in standard Windows manner.