New Features in Micromine 2016 include:
- Full Windows 10 Certification (pending). Upgrade your machine with confidence knowing there are no compatibility issues.
- New 3D PDF output provides an easy way to share 3D Micromine models with non-users. Recipients can interact with models (display/hide layers, pan, zoom, rotate, measure, etc.) almost as if they were using Micromine.
- New dynamic field expressions extend Micromine’s capabilities by combining multiple fields, constants, functions and operators. Use them anywhere you would use an input field, such as calculations, filters, labels, or colour sets.
- New Drag-and-drop is ideal for file sharing. No need to copy external files to the project folder; simply drop them into Vizex or the File Editor and let Micromine handle them for you. It works beautifully with the new project explorer pane, which is just like having Windows Explorer inside Micromine.
- New drillhole planning provides tools for designing straight or curved holes. In a mature area simply copy an existing deviated hole as a template. Convert planned holes to collar/survey files for sharing with drilling contractors. Rewritten drillhole log provides a framework for laying out data-rich and visually appealing drillhole logs.
- New Auto build pit quickly produces a complete pit design, eliminating the need to manually produce multiple designs before settling on a final design.
- Integrated production (new) and activity (enhanced) schedulers provide a one-stop-shop scheduling solution. The new production scheduler uses industry-standard linear programming solvers to optimise long-term schedules. The existing activity scheduler’s performance is much improved.
- New Vizex point layer maximum intensity projection (MIP) allows you to easily visualise trends in masses of point data. This is enormously useful for implicit modelling and geostatistics.
- New implicit modelling structural trend incorporates a locally varying structural trend for creating models where the direction and strength of the trend is variable.
- New grade tonnage material types provides a better way to define and report on any number of nested or hierarchical material types. Visually inspect the divisions on a hierarchy diagram. Automatically creates wireframe attributes on-the-fly.
Micromine 2016 has many enhancements, the most significant of which are:
- New web-based help documentation, with built-in help for offline use
- New dynamic field expressions can be used anywhere you would use a file field as input
- New: Project | Open displays a sortable list of projects and their metadata
- New Project Manager (File | Project | Manage) gathers project management tools in one place
- New Hide Unfiltered Records option (via Use Filtered Records toolbar button or Filter menu)
- New Vizex 3D PDF output produces interactive PDFs with layer control and rotate, pan, zoom, measure etc
Vizex – Display and Editing
- New: Drag-and-drop supported file types into Vizex from outside of Micromine
- New Project Explorer pane provides direct access to project files; drag files directly into Vizex
- New smart Snap to Object mode reduces the need to change snap modes while editing
- New String Coalesce function and corresponding toolbar button for intelligently joining multiple strings
- New interactive Drillhole Planning tools including using an existing hole as a template, and designing straight or curved from-collar and from-target designs
- New interactive Drillhole Log, a Plot Editor-like display with many page layout controls and interactive intersection calculations
- New Pit Optimiser reporting and charting tools: Display and report your results directly within Micromine
- Significant Pit Optimiser workflow and user interface overhaul; now divided into separate Setup, Optimise, Analyse dialogs
- New Block Model Assign assigns attributes of rotated and/or sub- blocked models to a target file
- Enhanced: Indicator and multiple indicator kriging dialogs are now combined into one; Block Model Report now supports MIK cutoff set
- Improved support for rotated block models (e.g. DTM Generate Z Values, Statistical Block Model)
- New: Auto Build Pit quickly creates a pit for evaluating design issues and haul road openings
- New Auto Re-align Pit Strings option adjusts multiple benches in a single operation
- New Create Mining Blocks option for quickly dividing a solid into blocks for open pit scheduling
- New: Sidewall to Centreline options create the median line between a pair of sidewall strings and calculate left and right sidewall offsets relative to the centreline
- New: Scheduler now divided into separate long-term (production) and short-term (activity) schedulers
- New: Optimised long-term schedule output based on industry- standard linear programming solvers
- New Quick Filter for only showing tasks (wireframes) of interest
- New attribute filter supports filtering by any attribute
- New: Implicit Modelling Structural Trend incorporates a locally varying structural trend in the modelling process
- New RBF solver options: choose from sphere covering, partitioned, or full RBF
- New Implicit Model Output File option saves a mathematical implicit model for later reuse
Core is the ‘engine’ of Micromine and is always included in every installation. This powerful module allows you to import, validate, process, display and interpret a wide variety of surface, drillhole and subsurface data.
Core Plotting has a Vizex-style interface for creating complex plot layouts in minutes using predefined or customised templates.
The Micromine Exploration module includes the visualisation, drillhole management, analytical and modelling tools, statistical, and geostatistical functionality needed in a more advanced exploration or resource estimation project.
The Mining Module is designed specifically for mining engineers, providing powerful and intuitive tools for planning and designing surface and underground mines. Micromine Mining can turn raw mining data into a meaningful 3D designs.
The Micromine Stratigraphic Modelling module is ideal for any stratified deposit such as coal, nickel laterite, tin, phosphate, bauxite, iron ore and platinum. Its unique modelling workflow ultimately produces a Seam Block Model (SBM).
Micromine Scheduler overcomes the limitations of Gantt chart facilities in applications such as Microsoft Project®. It uses the powerful mine planning and design tools of Micromine Core and Wireframing to generate 3D mining blocks.
The Resource Estimation module is used for detailed resource analysis and reporting. It provides a comprehensive range of modelling-related functions; many of its block modelling tools are also used for mine planning and reserve estimation.
Fast track your understanding of any structural or grade boundaries with Micromine’s Implicit Modelling module. The Implicit Modelling module uses radial basis functions (RBFs) to model grade shells, lithology boundaries, faults or surfaces.
The Micromine Wireframing module provides the tools for building, managing and analysing 3D solids and 3D surfaces for advanced exploration, resource estimation, mining and geological modelling.
The Surveying module is designed specifically to import and process survey data, providing calculation facilities for points, strings, surfaces and volumes collected from mine surveys, mining open pit and underground operations.
Pit Optimisation is used to determine the most profitable open pit, given a mineral resource and a set of economic and metallurgical parameters. It is also used to analyse stockpiles and costs over time.