DescriptionPower*Tools for Windows Version 10.0 Enhancement List
SKM is probably the most widely used software package in the industry, providing a complete line of electrical engineering software that includes SKM Power Tools for Windows and Arc Flash Hazard Analysis. As with any software or tool, it is only as good as the operator and information put in. Our engineers have received extensive training and have the field experience to get the job done accurately and correctly. We also have years of experience the allow us to look at the results from the software and recognize when those results do not match expectations. SKM has proven, time and again, it is reliable with an extensive library, and a great customer support team for those times we need them.
Quite simply, Power*Tools for Windows is the Gold Standard to which all other software packages must be compared. No other software can match SKM Power*Tools for project analysis flexibility, speed, or database integration
- Design safer power systems by quickly and easily evaluating all devices for proper short circuit levels, and application within acceptable voltage ratings.
- Save time with automatic TCC drawing and associated one-line creation from the main one-line diagram interface.
- Create and design efficiently by using CAPTOR’s clone command to copy individual components, one-line diagrams, and TCC drawings.
- Increase efficiency with fully customizable output organized to locate and interpret results quickly.
- Eliminate errors by keeping all input data, one-line diagrams, TCC’s and study results in a single project database.
- Communicate designs effectively with high quality graphical output and custom formats.
- Use the branch fault current protective devices at a single user defined fault location to automatically terminate the curves and simulate sequential protection operations.
- Search across all TCCs or one-lines to identify which documents contain a specific device.
- Globally turn on/off device labels, short circuit flags, and datablocks for all TCCs in the project.
- Continuous display of TCC drawings with real-time graphical editing of device settings.
- An extensive library including thousands of protective devices created and validated by electrical engineers.
- A flexible library for adding new device entries makes it easy to add new devices and to match setting descriptions.
- Custom output layouts to position TCC, one-line, setting sheet, and company logo on a single page, and option to group print all TCCs in a single action to printer, clipboard, Metafile, or PDF.
- Full control over colors, fill patterns, line weights, grid density, fonts, data display, and axis scales, for high quality output.
- TCC Drawings and the associated one-lines are generated automatically from the main one-line or manually by adding new devices to a TCC.
- Plot multifunction relays and store both ‘as-found’ and ‘recommend’ settings, or ‘phase’ and ‘ground’ settings, and multiple protection functions in the same TCC.
- An on-screen locator to quickly display and evaluate clearing times between devices.
- Adjust device settings graphically by dragging curve segments on the TCC drawing with your mouse (movement is restricted to valid device settings).
- Display one-lines next to TCC drawings and apply different datablocks in both areas.
- Export multiple TCCs to DXF or AutoCAD Xrefs.