- Calculation modules are fully incremental and calculate localized heat transfer and pressure drop using local fluid properties.
- Color coded text allows you to distinguish between user input, default values, and program-calculated input.
- Suite includes VMGThermo™, an extensive and rigorous fluid physical property generator.
- Extensive output reports provide detailed results including local profiles of all important parameters.
- Comprehensive online help provides background information, graphs, explanation of input panels and output reports, user tips, and more.
- Graphs and scale drawings provide in-depth visualization of calculated results.
- Extensive, user-extendable databank for materials of construction.
- Quick Calc tools let you easily perform unit conversions and select exchanger types.
- Interfaces to
- process simulators
- physical property databanks
- mechanical design programs
- integrated engineering software
- Microsoft® Excel®
- CAPE-OPEN compliant applications
Xist Xhpe Xjpe
Design, rate, and simulate air coolers and economizers including natural draft (fans off) and forced draft conditions. Xace includes vendor fan selection calculations and options to simulate the effect of flow and temperature maldistribution.
Simulate the performance of cylindrical and box heaters. Xfh uses a Hottel zoning method to calculate localized radiant and process side performance. Additional combustion and convection section modules allow evaluation of a complete process fired heater.
Simulate and design multi-stream axial and crossflow plate-fin exchangers using an incremental model with research-based heat transfer and pressure drop correlations. Xpfe contains graphical layout tools that make even complex stream arrangements easy to create.
Design, rate, and simulate plate-and-frame exchangers using user-defined plate types or plates selected from an internal manufacturers’ databank. Xphe contains a port maldistribution model that calculates the flow through each plate channel.
Rate and simulate single-phase spiral plate exchangers using an incremental model with HTRI-validated heat transfer and pressure drop correlations. Xspe models cocurrent and countercurrent spiral flow (Type I exchangers).
Calculate flow-induced vibration for a tube in a shell-and-tube exchanger using a rigorous finite element based algorithm. Xvib considers fluidelastic instability and vortex shedding mechanisms for both plain and U-tubes.