GOHFER is a multi-disciplinary, integrated geomechanical fracture simulator that incorporates all the tools necessary for conventional and unconventional well completion design, analysis and optimization. GOHFER, which stands for Grid Oriented Hydraulic Fracture Extension Replicator, is a planar 3-D geometry fracture simulator with a fully coupled fluid/solid transport simulator. GOHFER has been continually developed and refined by Dr. Robert D. Barree & Barree & Associates LLC for over 40 years. GOHFER and Barree & Associates were acquired by Halliburton in 2018.
Multidisciplinary, 3D fracture simulator and completion optimization tool
GOHFER Production handles cleanup, multiphase non-Darcy flow and stress (proppant crushing) based on 30 years of Stimlab Inc. research. Handles production interference of multiple transverse fractures and allows for optimization of fracture spacing in unconventional reservoir development.
GOHFER 3D is leading the industry into the future with the most current research and technology while challenging outdated philosophies and paradigms giving you more confidence and predictability in your completion strategy. GOHFER’s formulation has been used extensively and successfully in all regions globally in all types of reservoirs and does not require a special module for individual environments. GOHFER’s timely technical support and comprehensive software documentation is unparalleled in the industry.
- GOHFER 3D can handle multiple wells, including vertical and horizontal in the same model
- Multi-layer completions, zipper fracs and offset depletion effects (“parent-child” fracture interaction/frac hits)
- Full 3D geo-mechanical earth model input or optional input of 2D surface map with digital reference well log data
- Variable inter/intra-stage fracture stress shadow interference between each fracture and stage on each well with stress shadow cloud display.
- Wellbore breakdown gradient and angle & breakdown pressure and orientation calculations
- Geosteering of laterals and engineered completions
- Models both the longitudinal and transverse fracture components
- Pressure diagnostic analysis, production forecasting and rate transient analysis
- DAS/DTS integration, perforation erosion and flow diversion modeling
- Production optimization feature to optimize completions on spacing (well spacing/frac spacing) or length (frac length/stage length) to determine maximum economic value.
- What makes GOHFER different?
- Process Zone Stress (PZS) as fracture extension criterion instead of fracture toughness. PZS is directly measurable and can be calibrated from DFIT
- Fully planar three-dimensional transport and deformation, not pseudo-three-dimensional
- Shear-decoupled formulation of large-scale rock deformation
- Realistic fracture screenout behavior and modeling
- Fracture conductivity under actual producing conditions correlated to more than 30 years of laboratory measurements
- Laboratory validated proppant transport model
Operating System (Windows 10 recommended)
- GOHFER 3D – Windows 10/8/7
- Sentinel RMS License Manager
- Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system
- UNIX-based (32-bit and 64-bit) operating systems, including Linux, Mac, Solaris Sparc, x86, AIX, and HPUX
- Linux ARM (32-bit [Hard Float/Soft Float] and 64-bit) operating system.
For a full list of Operating Systems and Virtual Machines supported by Sentinel RMS, please navigate to THALES.
Processor / Memory:
- 7th generation processor recommended (recommend upgrading if older than a 6th generation processor).
- Minimum quad core processor recommended. 6 core processor is considered ideal.
- Utilizes multi-threading and will benefit from multiple processors.
- Non-geologic model projects 8 GB RAM recommended minimum. Geologic model projects > 16 GB ram recommended.
- Minimum 512K memory video card.
- Recommend 2GB video memory. Main recommendation is that the card has its own memory rather than sharing main memory.
Engine Priority Options:
In the Run Engine Options beginning in v9.1+, the priority level of the simulation can be set. Recommendations are shown below based on number of cores.
|low priority with ½ the cores
|Recommended setting for dual core
|normal priority with all the cores
|Best for most users
|high priority with all the cores
|Quad core or above recommended
For Additional Performance, consider adding the following:
- An Nvidia graphics card with 4 GB ram
- 32 GB ram
- 12 core (Intel I9 Equivalent or above) processor